Step Study Groups
To ensure that Celebrate Recovery is a safe place, the following five guidelines are followed in all small groups:
- 1 - Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Limit your sharing to three to five minutes.
- 2 - There is NO cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in conversation excluding all others. Each person is free to express his or her feelings without interruptions.
- 3 - We are here to support one another, not "fix" another.
- 4 - Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- 5 - Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.